Thursday, May 26, 2005

Mrs. Mom Weasley



This is a computer-enhanced Mother's Day card my daughters made for me last year. I totally forgot about it (sorry, chillens), but it's so cool.

They know my obsession with all things Harry Potter, so they took a picture of Molly Weasley (Ron's mom-- Ron is Harry's best friend), and put my face on her cloak.

It looks so real!

I love Molly Weasley-- she's such a great kind of mom. And I love her house, all the strange, colorful, inventive, magickal things in it. I want a house like that!

And my background growing up wasn't your normal "religion"-- I grew up a witch (before "Wiccan" was a popular thing to be). Yes! From my father's family.

My kids (all 4 of them, 2 boys, 2 girls) know all about it, and all kinds of witchy things (it's hard to not teach what you've done all your life, ya know?), and they're pretty heavily magickal themselves, naturals at it. In fact, they would have received their Owl Posts inviting them to go to Hogwarts (Harry's school).

So this was a perfect present for me. I'm not going to lose sight of it again. I'm planning on framing it and keeping it forever!

I just get such a kick out of it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only if you remember too and know where you put it.

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great picture.

M.

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go us.

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home