Sunday, September 24, 2006

What We Did on the Autumnal Equinox

Why, we balanced eggs, of course! Tradition at my house-- Vernal and Autumnal, we balance eggs. This actually looks a whole lot more impressive when you can see an entire pic, but I was too embarrassed to show my nasty porch, so I cut the revolting parts out. We really need to clean our porch! Ick. (Isn't it odd how you don't see something, really, until an objective third person/camera looks at it? Then you see TRUTH. No denial that way. You SEE it. Hence, the editing of my porch.)

There are 2 dozen eggs, and they took just about 15 minutes for 2 people (me and Daughter #1) to balance. And a few had to be balanced more than once, because we knocked them over. The Daughter HAS to make everything into a competition, which I always forget, and of course I rise to the bait, so even putting the eggs back into the cartons when we were finished turned into a race.

She won. But only because I didn't find out we were racing until almost the end.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep yep. I won.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Muzakaz said...

you go summer!

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home