Thursday, June 02, 2005

Postcard for M



Couldn't put this up until he got it in the mail. I got some new ultramarine, which is gorgeous, so had to use it, and then used Lumiere and gold leaf paint. The card itself is watercolor paper, but the moon is part of a Saltine box, with 18k gold leaf. I would have liked to leave the insert loose, but the points would have really screwed up the mail-reading machines, or caught someone's envelope in them, so I secured them. This card looks so much better in real life, it looks flat on the screen. But I LOVE that Ultramarine!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, baby doll!

M.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

You're very, very welcome!

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous blue!!!!

I collect blue glass... and the blue you used on the postcard reminds me of the reflection I get when sunlight shines through the glass.

Absolutely beautiful.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home