Thursday, June 09, 2005

B.D. Postcard for Son #1


I can't believe this made it through the mail! If you enlarge the pic, you can see how heavily textured this card is, like extra-deep stucco.

I was having ideas the other day, and decided to try this type of texturing for a couple of future projects. I also wanted to make a postcard for my son's birthday (guess how old he'll be), so I decided to combine two experiments: the texture type, and mailing it without an envelope as a postcard.

The texturing came out exactly as I had pictured it, so I slapped two 23-cent stamps on it (it's heavier than a normal postcard) and stuck it in the mail, and held my breath.

And it went through! Oh, happy day! Actually, Happy Birthday!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that looks way cool!

M.

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they get beautifuler and beautifuler..hell, i'd buy 'em.

- jules

6:41 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

jules is getting one-- let me know when it arrives, ok? Or if it doesn't. If not, I'll sent it by carrier pigeon, or something.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home