Monday, January 29, 2007

I Am Most Deserving!

I'm re-publishing
some pics from last year, because I'm hoping to Win A Bundle from Sonji! She's giving one away to the most deserving of her readers, and I think I'm it, and if her Independent Judge checks out any of our blogs to see how deserving we are, I want something to show that I'm the most deserving. Because I am. At least in my opinion.

And this time I'm publishing them HUGE, so if the Judge wants to see detail, s/he can click on the picture and see the beading in all it's juicy-liciousness. Of course, so can anyone else who wants to see it, but I'm thinking "Judge," here.

So, that's the front. Here's the back.
Every one of these beads and dangles was handmade by Moi, me, except for the seed beads. Of course. I haven't learned how to make seed beads yet. I probably will someday, because when I start making something, the making leads to all kinds of other things, like "Hmm, I wonder if I can make my own seed beads?" I also made the face cabochon. I made it hollow, so it could be sewn to the fabric, instead of glued on. It's one of the items I sell.
I haven't used all the fabric yet, because I keep coming up with new ideas for more fabric colors and designs, so I actually have a whole lot of pieces of hand-dyed fabric waiting to be made into something.
I HAVE been making things, but I've been forgetting to take pictures. So a lot of my stuff is "out there," without my having made a record of it. Which is typical of me. Taking pictures is a step in the process that I don't always remember. For me, it's all about making something new and giving it away or selling it. Getting it "out there."
And I haven't been posting like I probably should. I really don't like "shoulds." Makes me feel obligated. I don't like feeling obligated.
This purple fabric is what I used to make the doll. But I fused some cut-up threads and netting to it to give it texture. Otherwise, it would have been just smooth. Smooth isn't a bad thing, but there was going to be a lot of bare fabric showing, and the dye job wasn't all that interesting.

So, here's hoping this post isn't as wonky-looking as the previews show. And here's hoping that I'll win that Bundle!!! Because I deserve it.

1 Comments:

Blogger artmixter said...

What a delicious doll.

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home