Thursday, July 28, 2005

Feline Fix-it 2005


Campaign Poster I was commissioned to do for a county-wide program to spay/neuter all the feral cats in the area. It's working, except people have been bringing in too many cats from surrounding counties, 'cause they can get all their "ferals" fixed for free or low-cost.

This is the first in what may be a series. It's for the Animals At Risk Care Sanctuary, run by my genius landlady (I really love her!). I'm tellin' ya, this woman never gets tired. Never! (Have you seen "The Incredibles?" My landlady looks JUST LIKE the little gal who designs all their costumes, without the accent. And she's that straightforward, too.)

Try to ignore the bright mark between his legs (although, it seems rather appropriate, somehow, no?)-- it's the flash from the camera. It would have been much better to take the pic during the day, but there wouldn't have been enough time. Next time, next time.

18x24, watercolor and ink.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow... that turned out good.

M.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Go back, young man, go back! So you can read my delightful commentary on the piece, because you looked at this while I was still editing it!

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home