Sunday, March 18, 2007

Hope everyone had a good St. Patrick's Day. We did! Had our Corned Beef and Cabbage (and potatoes, onions, and carrots), and Irish Soda Bread. The REAL kind, not the fancied-up versions that are so popular. Here's my favorite link for the recipe, from Shamrock Hill. It looks flat in the picture, but it's not-- it's nicely rounded with a thick, chewy crust all around the outside, and nice, soft bread on the inside. Daughter #1 made it. Daughter #2 did the meat and vegs, because I was at work. But I got to leave early, so finished making the dinner so Daughter wouldn't have to keep watching to make sure nothing stuck to the pots.

And here's one of the gloves I made for Daughter #1. They actually worked up pretty quickly. Even though it's been in the 80's this past week, she and her sister went to Roswell, NM a couple of weeks ago, and it's colder there than here, so they came in handy.

Things have been busy around here the past month or so, and I wasn't feeling real happy with all the unaccustomed activity, so I've been in my cave, dealing with it and keeping myself from losing my mind and/or turning into a royal bee-otch. Which is why I haven't been posting. I haven't even checked my emails except for once a week.

But I've been making stuff! I really need to get it out of the house, now. To make room for more stuff, of course. Because I can't stop my brain from thinking up new things to make!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I'll have to try that recipe, whenever I get some flour. Really, I just wanted to tell you I've got a new blog! It's "keithwerner.wordpress.com", and your in my blogroll. That should push your traffic into the stratosphere! Also, how is it that putting a long glove on an arm can make it sexier?

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moooooom, when are you going to post something new?

3:57 PM  
Blogger Val said...

When are you going to start blogging again? I've missed you!
Val

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home