Monday, February 18, 2008

31 Down, No More Carnitas

Pounds, that is. I just checked, which I don't do very often, so it was a real nice surprise.

And I'm eating! I don't worry about carbs so much, except for later in the day, because with the work I do all the carbs I eat at breakfast are used up and gone in a couple of hours, and then my stomach starts growling.

I make sure to get enough protein, because I'm interested in re-building the muscle I lost from sitting on my butt for 6 years, and physical work can wear the muscle down pretty quickly.

I met up with someone on V-day that I haven't seen in about 3 years. He used to squeeze my upper arm and say, "Carnitas!" The first time he did it, I was insulted. He said, "My dad used to do that to my mom," and I told him, "Well, I'm not your mom and you're not your dad." He still did it, anyway, once in a while, but on V-day he tried it, and said, "Carrrrr-- Hey! Your carnitas are gone!" I just smiled.

That was a really nice V-day present, and it was completely unintentional. The very best kind.

3 Comments:

Blogger Val said...

I love your blog and I have nominated you as one of my best ten blogs. Now you have to nominate your best ten blogs. To see the rules go to my blog http://dyeing2sew.blogspot.com

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girlie! It's time to post again! Anything new?

12:25 PM  
Blogger Dave Wilker said...

I like carnitas.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home